Guest Write for Lux
Like to write? If you have expertise and information that you wish to have published, you’re most welcome to make a submission to our editorial team. We are always looking for experienced writers who can write original, good quality articles for Lux.
We accept quality writing that’s focused, upbeat and positive. No negative griping please. Submit writing that inspires, teaches and shares the good in life. We look for articles to be 800 words max, or less (we can bend a little here) but generally we frown upon articles that are too long & wordy. No political or religious opinions. No racism or bigotry. At Lux, we are tolerant of different viewpoints & lifestyles.
Please, no copying or plagiarizing others writing. Site your sources when you can. Write in your own voice and have fun! We look forward to hearing from you.
For consideration, please contact our editor : LuxMagazine@ yahoo.com
If you have a blog, please give us details or a link to some articles you have written. There’s no guarantee that your article will be accepted, however, by making a submission we can guarantee your article will be respectfully reviewed by a member of our staff. If your story has a fun video that goes with it, we may consider running it; depending on topic and video quality.
In return you will get full credit for your article. Your website or blog will also be linked. As a guest writer, we ask that you subscribe to Lux and also introduce yourself on our Facebook page, as we strive to be a community of upbeat, supportive people who communicate and give feedback to each other. Facebook Link: MyLuxMagazine
Your post will be published upon approval. Lux reserves the right to make minor changes, and/or edits to conform with our guidelines. Please note that we have strict guidelines regarding quality, grammar and spelling! No sloppy writing.
Topics We Love Are….
The following are topics that work for our demographic of mostly females ages 21 and up:
- The Arts & Music: Art shows & exhibits/ new & retro bands, etc.
- Food/Great Recipes or a Restaurant Reviews
- Inspiring People with Extraordinary Stories
- Fitness Tips/Healthy Body Topics
- Photography (you own work, or have permission to use)
- Classes you may teach or specialize in- we love self empowerment topics for upcoming online workshops
- Love & Relationship topics
- A Charity you support
- Home Design or Decor (bonus if it’s on a budget!)
- An upcoming event or music tour/concert reviews
- Pop Culture
- Fashion Finds
- Frugal Finds
- Green Topics/Sustainability
- Animal Advocacy
- New or established businesses that would appeal to our readers (note: these type of articles would go in our Spotlight advertising section.)
- Parenting and Kids/ A Mommy’s Voice
We don’t accept: fiction stories, political pieces, poetry or religious pieces